Monday, May 23, 2011

World Turtle Day


Today is World Turtle Day. If anyone deserves a holiday, it’s certainly the turtle. They have quite the heavy burden on their shoulders. You know, carrying their homes around and all.

Joking aside, I can’t describe why it is I have such an affinity for turtles. Perhaps anything still around after 200 million years deserves a little bit of admiration. Maybe the ninja variety I mentioned in my last post has something to do with it. I could have inherited my mother's own fondness for them. Or perhaps I just empathize with a creature about as slow and methodical as I am. Whatever it is, I just find something absolutely magical about these venerable sages from the far reaches of prehistory, a species that has seen countless eras our planet has to offer and will doubtless see countless more. They just have a knowing look, don’t you think?

Thanks for sticking around, turtles, even if we don’t have things quite as figured out as you do.

2 comments:

  1. Have you stopped developing your game and devoted your life solely to turtle lore? :(

    I was really intrigued by the direction your game was going. Are you going to get back to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long lived to all turtles! Might as well venture into having them as a pet, though pictures are really worth keeping than having pets. Wish to see updates of your game soon! wow account for sale

    ReplyDelete